JPN-W vs ARG-W : Not a straightforward road. After finishing 3rd at the 2018 Copa America Femenina, they had to contest a two-leg intercontinental playoff against Panama which they won 4-0 in Buenos Aires and drew 1-1 in the away leg. Celebrations started across Argentina as the country made it to the world cup after 12 years.
Japan secured their place amongst the world cup finals after winning the 2018 AFC Women’s Asian Cup. This was their 2nd continental win.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup match will be played between Argentina and Japan at Parc des Princes, home of Paris Saint-Germain, in Paris. The ground has a capacity of 47,929.
The game will start at 09:30 PM (IST), on Monday, June 10.
Argentina Team News:
- Goalkeepers: Vanina Correa, Gabriela Garton, Solana Pereyra
- Defenders: Agustina Barroso, Eliana Stabile, Adriana Sachs, Aladana Cometti, Gabriella Chavez, Natalie Juncos
- Midfielders: Vanessa Santana, Ruth Bravo, Estefania Banini, Miriam Mayorga, Lorena Benitez, Mariela Coronel, Dalila Ippolito, Virginia Gomez
- Forwards: Sole Jaimes, Florencia Bonsegundo, Maria Potassa, Mariana Larroquette, Milagros Menendez, Yael Oviedo
- Goalkeepers: Sakiko Ikeda, Ayaka Yamashita, Chika Hirao
- Defenders: Rumi Utsugi, Aya Sameshima, Saki Kumagai, Nana Ichise, Moeka Minami, Asato Miyagawa, Shiori Miyake
- Midfielders: Hina Sugita, Emi Nakajima, Mizuho Sakaguchi, Riko Ueki, Yui Hasegawa, Yuka Momiki, Narumi Miura, Jun Endo, Risa Shimizu
- Forwards: Mana Iwabuchi, Yuika Sugasawa, Rikako Kobayashi, Kumi Yokoyama
Argentina Women vs Japan Women Playing 11
Probable XI: Solana Pereyra (GK), Adriana Sachs, Agustina Barroso Basualdo, Aldana Cometti, Eliana Stábile, Vanesa Santana, Ruth Bravo, Mariana Larroquette, Estefanía Banini, Florencia Bonsegundo, Sole Jaimes
Probable XI: Ayaka Yamashita (GK), Aya Sameshima, Moeka Minami, Saki Kumagai, Risa Shimizu, Yui Hasegawa, Hina Sugita, Nana Ichise, Emi Nakajima, Yuka Momiki, Kumi Yokoyama