AVL vs DER: Aston Villa and Derby County face each other in the English Championship play-offs 2019 at the Wembley Stadium. Aston Villa finished the 2018-19 Championship season 5th and defeated West Brom 4-3 on penalties in the Championship semi-finals. Derby County meanwhile were the sixth best team in the Championship and scored the fewest goals amongst those teams.
Aston Villa Team News:
- Norwegian goalkeeper Ørjan Nyland will miss the game with an injury.
- Centre-back James Chester is lacking the match fitness and is expected to be overlooked for the match.
- Another centre-back in Axel Tuanzebe, on-loan from Manchester United, is a doubt for this game. The 21-year-old picked up an injury late in the 2nd leg against West Brom and had to be subbed off.
Derby County Team news:
- Curtis Davies and Craig Forsyth remain the long-term absentees for Derby County.
- Scott Malone was sent-off in the 2nd leg Championship semifinal match against Leeds United. So he will be serving a ban here.
- Midfielder Craig Bryson has made a significant improvement and could be in line to make the matchday squad.
- Martyn Waghorn may be fit now to feature at Wembley. The 29-year-old striker suffered an Achilles injury in the final game of the regular season, thus missing both legs of the Championship semifinal matches against Leeds United.
Aston Villa vs Derby County Playing 11
Probable XI: Steer (GK), Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Mohamady, Hourihane, Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn, Adomah, Abraham
Probable XI: Kelle Roos (GK), Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Ashley Cole, Bradley Johnson, Duane Holmes, Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Tom Lawrence, jack Marriott