ATA vs BOL: Atalanta vs Bologna predictions ahead of this Serie A clash on Thursday night. Can the hosts continue their push for the Champions League? Read on for our match preview and free betting tips.Goals look certain between sixth-placed Atalanta and Bologna, who are 17th but have won their last three games to climb out of the bottom three. Both teams have scored in nine of Bologna’s last 11 away Serie A matches, while Atalanta have let in the first goal in five of their last six at home.
Atalanta have seen both teams score in their last six home games, while they haven’t been shut out at home since the start of October. La Dea are among the league’s highest-scoring sides, averaging 1.8 goals per game at home. Meanwhile, Bologna come here with five of their last six trips seeing both teams score. Under boss Sinisa Mihajlovic, only Juventus have prevented Bologna from scoring. With that in mind, we’re going with both teams to score on Thursday, along with a home victory for la Dea.
Atalanta vs Bologna Stats
- Atalanta come into the match with three wins and two draws earned in their last five outings
- Bologna have beaten Cagliari (2-0), Torino (0-2), and Sassuolo (2-1) in their last three
- La Dea beat Bologna (1-2) earlier this term and in all of the last six head-to-head clashes
Atalanta vs Bologna Head to Head Record
Last 3 meetings:
4 Nov 2018 Bologna 1 – 2 Atalanta
11 Mar 2018 Bologna 0 – 1 Atalanta
22 Oct 2017 Atalanta 1 – 0 Bologna
- Gian Piero Gasperini rotated his squad on Sunday and will probably continue to do so.
- This time Josip Ilicic should be a starter, while one of Robin Gosens and Hans Hateboer might drop out.
- Federico Santander is back at full fitness, but coach Sinisa Mihajlovic might want to avoid risking him from the off.
- Lyanco is also available after serving a suspension, and he is expected to feature from the off.
- Atalanta have missed many chances to remain in the top four this season, but their football has been too good for them to fall too far. Now Milan are back in their sights and the Bergamasca can benefit from a home game to try to catch up.
- Bologna have won three games in a row, and managed to overtake Empoli in the last round. The road ahead is still long, but a draw here would be welcomed.
- The hosts are favourites here, and they cannot afford to drop anymore points at home as they have a difficult series of away games ahead.