ATL vs ESL: Atletico Madrid are in the second spot and even though their fate has been sealed, the team is going to finishing in that spot. Barcelona have run away with the title this season, and even though it has been a one-horse race, the closest anyone has come has been this club. Coach Diego Simeone will be taking some pride that at least he has managed to usurp his city rivals in Real Madrid, and that is good enough of an achievement to build on towards trying to regain the league title next season.
Meanwhile, Espanyol FC are in the 10th spot. They are undefeated in the last six games and lately have shown tremendous character. Even though the January Transfer Window wasn’t kind to them and saw losing an important asset in Ibai Gomez to a direct rival, the team has still managed to stay relevant. Their goal will be to retain this spot for the last two games, and give it their all so that the players give the management a reason to not make any big shift changes before the start of the new campaign.
Atletico Madrid vs Espanyol FC Team News:
- Juanfran has recovered and he will be coming back in the starting lineup for this game.
- Lucas Hernandez, Jose Gimenez and Diego Costa are the only absentees for the team.
- Jan Oblak will be the goalkeeper for Atletico Madrid.
- Even though Sergi Darder faced an injury scare by coming off midway last time out, he is still expected to start in this fixture after shaking off the knock.
- Pablo Piatti and David Lopez are sidelined for Espanyol FC.
- Diego Lopez will be the safety net for the backline.
Atletico Madrid vs Espanyol FC Playing 11:
Oblak (GK), Juanfran, Godin, Savic, Luis, Koke, Niguez, Rodrigo, Lemar, Griezmann, Morata
Lopez (GK), Lopez, Hermoso, Duarte, Pedrosa, Sanchez, Roca, Darder, Melendo, Iglesias, Lei