ATL vs VAL: Atletico Madrid are in the second spot in the league table and are the only side who has a chance to stop the juggernauts that is Barcelona. The team has been in great form and with all the other competitions almost over for the club, this is their only chance at glory. Coach Diego Simeone would now be tired of finishing second or third in the table, and has done really well for himself given the squad he has been given. They have conceded the least amount of goals this season and that is something to be proud of.
Meanwhile, Valencia FC are only two points shy of making the top four in the La Liga. The team has been in a surge recently and are riding on a four game winning streak. The club has been looking like its former self for a while now, and this upcoming encounter will test their potency. They too are a strong side in terms of defence, but their attacking prowess is going to have the ideal litmus test it needs just before the season.
Atletico Madrid vs Valencia FC Team News:
- Stefan Savic has recovered from his injuries and he will be returning to the starting lineup for this game.
- Lucas Hernandez, Jose Gimenez and Diego Costa is the only absentee for the team.
- Jan Oblak will be the goalkeeper for Atletico Madrid.
- Kevin Gameiro will be partnering Goncalo Guedes in the starting XI for this fixture.
- Geoffrey Kondogbia, Denis Cheryshev and Rodrigo Moreno are sidelined for Valencia FC.
- Neto will be the safety net for the backline.
Atletico Madrid vs Valencia FC Playing 11:
Neto (GK), Wass, Garay, Paulista, Gaya, Soler, Coquelin, Parejo, Cheryshev, Guedes, Moreno
Neto (GK), Roncaglia, Garay, Paulista, Gaya, Soler, Coquelin, Parejo, Wass, Guedes, Gameiro