CMR-W vs CN-W : Canada are in France courtesy of their deep run in the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s Championship. A 2-0 win over Jamaica in the opening group game was followed up with a 12-0 hammering of Cuba and another easy 3-1 win over Costa Rica. The Canucks made the easy work of Panama in the semi-final, beating them 7-0, before falling to eventual champions USA in the final.
Cameroon once again fell to their perennial nemesis Nigeria in the 2018 Women’s African Cup of Nations. The Indomitable Lionesses faced Mali in the 3rd place play-off, which was a direct ticket to France, and the team responded with a 4-2 win.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup match will be played between Canada and Cameroon at Stade de la Mosson, in Montpellier, France. The ground has a capacity of 32,900.
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on Tuesday, June 11.
Canada Team News
- Having made the quarterfinals in 2015, Canada will hope to go deep in the tournament. Head coach Kenneth Heiner-Moller has the squad at his disposal which is being seen as an early tournament favourite.
- But the team’s combination is still a mystery, for he has tried many formations in the friendlies leading up to the world cup.
Cameroon team news
- Cameroon named a near about the same squad which featured four years ago in the USA.
- Though questions continue to surface over Gaelle Enganamojit‘s form and match fitness. Evidently, she hasn’t played in an official game since January.
- While the other area of concern is the central defence. The identity of who will play alongside the team’s ever-present captain Christine Manie at the back is still not clear. Though Augustine Ejangue orAurelle Awona or look to be the main contenders.
Canada Women vs Cameroon Women Playing 11
Canada Probable XI: Labbe (GK), Chapman, Zadorsky, Buchanan, Schmidt, Lawrence, Scott, Fleming, Beckie, Sinclair, Prince
Cameroon Probable XI: Ngo Ndom (GK), Leuko, Augustine Ejangue / Aurelle Awona, Manie, Meffometou, Yango, Menene, Feudjio, Akaba, Madeleine Ngono Mani, Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene