CN-W vs NZ-W: Canada are coming off a hard-fought win over Cameroon. Despite the North American side bossing the possession, they hardly tested Annette Ngo Ndom in goal. But Kadeisha Buchanan settled the nerves when she headed in from the corner at the stroke of half time. Cameroon on their part did little to rattle Canada and were largely focused on defending.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 match will be played between Canada and New Zealand at Stade des Alpes, in Grenoble, France. The ground has a capacity of 20,068.
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on sunday, June 16.
Canada Team News:
- Goalkeepers: Stephanie Labbe, Kailen Sheridan, Sabrina D’Angelo
- Defenders: Allysha Chapman, Kadeisha Buchanan, Shelina Zadorsky, Rebecca Quinn, Shannon Woeller, Lindsay Agnew, Jenna Hellstrom
- Midfielders: Deanne Rose, Julia Grosso, Ashley Lawrence, Desiree Scott, Sophie Schmidt, Jessie Fleming
- Forwards: Jayde Riviere, Jordyn Huitema, Christine Sinclair, Gabrielle Carle, Nichelle Prince, Janine Beckie, Adriana Leon Expected Canada
- Goalkeepers: Victoria Esson, Erin Nayler, Nadia Olla
- Defenders: CJ Bott, Abby Erceg, Anna Green, Sarah Morton, Ali Riley, Stephanie Skilton, Rebekah Stott, Ria Percival
- Midfielders: Katie Bowen, Olivia Chance, Daisy Cleverley, Katie Duncan, Annalie Longo, Betsy Hassett
- Forwards: Sarah Gregorius, Emma Kete, Paige Satchell, Rosie White, Hannah Wilkinson
Canada Women vs New Zealand Women Playing 11
Canada Probable XI: Labbe (GK), Chapman, Zadorsky, Buchanan, Schmidt, Lawrence, Scott, Fleming, Beckie, Sinclair, Prince
New Zealand Probable XI: Nayler (GK), Green, Erceg, Stott, Percival, Olivia Chance, A Longo, A Riley, K Bowen, S Gregorius, H Wilkinson