CSK vs KXIP: Its time for the weekends which means it is time for a doubleheader. The first match of the day will see the defending champions Chennai Super Kings squaring off against Kings XI Punjab, followed by a riveting encounter between the current table toppers Sunrisers Hyderabad and eyeing an entry into the top four this season, Mumbai Indians.
Kings XI Punjab have definitely changed their fortunes after a loss to KKr in their second encounter of the season at the Eden Gardens at Kolkata. Their last win over DC was definitely a confidence booster as they rose from the ashes to decimate their opponents.
Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Team News
- A Hamstring injury might keep Dwayne Bravo out of this contest for CSK.
- If he doesn’t feature, CSK might opt for Mitchell Santner or Scott Kuggeleijn in this contest.
- Considering the slowness of the wicket, Mohit Sharma can sit out and Harbhajan Singh or leg spinner Karn Sharma can be brought in.
- For Kings XI Punjab, the biggest absentee from the last game was Chris Gayle who was rested in the last game.
- If he features in this contest, Hardus Viljoen looks to be the one to sit out.
- In Mujeeb, Murugan Ashwin and Ravichandran Ashwin, KXIP have three spinners in their ranks for the Chepauk’s surface.
- Mandeep Singh struck with an injury on his left knee while fielding in the last game, if he is not fit to feature Karun Nair can get a game here
Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Playing 11
Chennai Super Kings
Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur, Scott Kuggeleijn/M Santner/Faf du Plessis, Deepak Chahar, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Ambati Rayudu, Shane Watson, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohit Sharma/Harbhajan Singh/Karn Sharma
Kings XI Punjab
David Miller, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Sarfaraz Khan, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Mandeep Singh/Karun Nair, R Ashwin, M Ashwin, Sam Curran, Mohd Shami, Hardus Viljoen/Chris Gayle.