EMP vs NAP; A lop-sided game in every sense. Both teams come from either extreme end of the league table, but contrary to usual, only one of them is under pressure to perform. Napoli holds a healthy lead at the second spot in league standings, while the title is almost out of their grasps.
Empoli are involved in what looks a four-club battle to avoid the final relegation place in Serie A, but their hopes of avoiding the drop are unlikely to improve against Napoli.
Empoli vs Napoli Head-to-head (h2h)
- Napoli won the last four games in a row.
- Napoli has a scoring streak going on for the last eight meetings.
- Empoli has conceded two or more goals in the last seven straight h2h encounters.
- At this venue, the visitors have scored twice or more in the last three ties.
- The reverse fixture for this game ended in a 5-1 win for Napoli.
Empoli vs Napoli Team News
Matias Silvestre is available after serving a one-game ban, and he is expected to start.
Captain Manuel Pasqual should also return to the starting XI on the left side of the midfield.
Carlo Ancelotti might have to rotate for this midweek fixture, but only a few changes are expected to the XI.
Piotr Zielinski will surely return after missing one game through suspension
- After beating Frosinone in Tuscany, Empoli put up a good fight in Turin, but were beaten by Juventus thanks to a moment of brilliance by Mario Mandzukic and Moise Kean.
- Napoli are in great shape as Roma found out the hard way. Their 4-1 victory at the Olimpico should be a warning sign for any other challenger for the Europa League.
- Napoli are favourites here, but they could also take the game lightly after a resounding win over AS Roma. Empoli showed spirit against Juve and will hope to build on that.