ENG vs AFGH : England is back in top form, defeating West Indies by 8 wickets. Mr. Consistant Joe Root proved his value after being bumped up as opener. He scored a century from 94 balls leading England to chase the score of 213 very comfortably. Even though England might have to fiddle with their lineup citing some injuries in their squad, they are confident to win the game on Tuesday.
First, from the bottom, Afghanistan is not looking great in this tournament. They haven’t won a single game and rumours of internal conflict in the team isn’t helping either. On 15th, they faced a grueling defeat versus South Africa, losing by 9 wickets. They went all out for only 125 runs, which South Africa successfully chased in 28.4 overs.
England vs Afghanistan Dream11 Team News
- Jason Roy will be missing the game versus Afganistan because of a hamstring injury.
- Eoin Morgan might also be sitting this match out, he got injured on his back in the last game. He is under observation currently.
- Moeen Ali will return to the squad after missing the past two matches.
- England will have to bring in James Vince, who has not played a single match in the World Cup.
- Joe Root was bumped up and given the role of opener due to the injury of Jason Roy.
England vs Afghanistan Playing 11
England Playing XI :
Playing XI: Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Jos Buttler (wk), Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Joe Root, Mark Wood, Jofra Archer, James Vince, Moeen Ali
Afghanistan Playing XI:
Playing XI: Hazratullah Zazai, Noor Ali Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Asghar Afghan, Gulbadin Naib (c), Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Ali khil (wk), Rashid Khan, Aftab Alam, Hamid Hassan