ESL vs GIR: Espanyol FC is in the 13th spot in the league table and they will be looking to prove themselves to be one of the better sides in the Spanish La Liga. They were once in the top spot of the table, but have crumbled down. This has been once again a rudimentary season for the club, and their needs to be signs of some improvements in near future or else the teams behind them will catch them. It won’t be an ideal spot to be in, if the side is fighting for their survival.
Meanwhile, Girona FC in the 14th spot and are one those teams who have had many drawn-out results. In such cases, a few games here and there could have easily seen them near the top eight, but that is what happens when you don’t possess a killer instinct. This is the area which needs to be addressed and it will be interesting to see how they fair in the last few games of the season.
Espanyol FC vs Girona FC Team News:
- Esteban Granero and Sergio Garcia are expected to come in the starting lineup for this game.
- Pablo Piatti, David Lopez, Favundo Ferreyra and Didac Vila are the only absentees for the team.
- Diego Lopez will be the goalkeeper for Espanyol FC.
- Cristian Stuani will be returning to the starting XI for this fixture.
- Johan Mojica and Aday Benitez are injured for Girona FC.
- Gorka Iraizoz will be the safety net for the backline.
Espanyol FC vs Girona FC Playing 11:
Lopez (GK), Rosales, Hermoso, Naldo, Lopez, Granero, Roca, Darder, Garcia, Iglesias, Lei
Iraizoz (GK), Ramalho, Juanpe, Alcala, Garcia, Pons, Granell, Portu, Garcia, Fernandez, Stuani