UAE vs ZIM: Their first ODI meeting took place in the 2015 World Cup where Zimbabwe registered a 4 wicket victory over the minnows at the Saxton Oval. The second instance took place at the ICC World Cup Qualifiers held last year in Zimbabwe where UAE won a mouthwatering contest by 3 runs which eluded Zimbabwe from qualifying for the mega event which is scheduled to take place in this year in England and Wales.
UAE played a warm-up game against Zimbabwe Chairmans XI prior to the start of the 4 match ODI series where they registered a comprehensive win by 5 wickets. It was definitely a confidence-boosting win for the visitors which they will definitely take forward in the 4 match ODI series.
United Arab Emirates vs Zimbabwe Team News
- UAE have announced a 14 member squad for this series.
- Experienced cog Rohan Mustafa returns to the squad after missing out in the ODI series against Nepal.
- Zimbabwe have announced a 16-man squad for the series.
- Wicket-keeper batsmen Brendan Taylor and skipper Hamilton Masakadzahave not made it to the squad due to injuries.
- Peter Moor will be leading the squad in Masakadza’s absence.
- Uncapped duo of Ainsley Ndlovu and Tony Munyonga are included into the squad, while Regis Chakabva and T Maruma have returned to the squad.
- United Arab Emirates vs Zimbabwe Playing 11
Ghulam Shabber, Shaiman Anwar, Mohd Usman, Chirag Suri, M Boota, CP Rizwan, Rohan Mustafa, Mohd Naveed, Imran Haider, Zahoor Khan, Qadeer Ahmed
Peter Moor, Craig Ervine, Elton Chigumbura, Solomon Mire, Regis Chakabva, Sikander Raza, Sean Williams, Brian Chari, Tendai Chatara, Chris Mpofu/Donald Tiripano, Kyle Jarvis.