GST Rate Finder App: The government launched “GST Rate Finder” app to check the new GST(Goods and Services Tax) tax rates. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched this app on Friday. This app is currently available on the Android Play Store and soon launched on iOS platform. The official Twitter handle of Central Board of Excise & Customs tweeted, “GST Rate Finder app of CBEC is available on google play store. ioS version will be launched shortly. #GSTSimplified #GSTForCommonMan”.
How to use GST Rate Finder App:
Now, we can see how to download and use the GST Rate Finder App. Here are the steps to find GST rates levied on various goods and services.
- Download the “GST Rate Finder” App from Playstore on your Android Mobile Phones. Install the app on your phone.
- Then enter the name or chapter heading of the commodity or service in the search box.
- The list of all the goods and services will appear on the screen.
- Click the products name emerged in the list, the tax rate will appear.
- It also includes the description of goods or services and the chapter heading of the Harmonised System of Nomenclature (HSN).
- GST Rates Finder app would also work in offline mode.
Apart from the mobile application, the ‘GST Rates Finder’ section has been uploaded on the online portal cbec-gst.gov.in to help taxpayers know applicable GST rate on their supplies. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad tweeted. “Now find out the correct rate of #GST on goods & services through a mobile app launched by @FinMinIndia,”
The official handle of Finance Ministry wrote, “A taxpayer can search for applicable CGST, SGST, UTGST rate and Compensation Cess on a supply. The search can be made based on description of goods or services or HSN Chapter or section or heading number. These initiatives are aimed to serve as a ready reckoner on GST rates.”
So, now it is easy to know the new tax rates from anywhere and be aware of the rates for all goods and services.